Saturday, March 26, 2011

New Recipe Saturday

OK so it's hardly what you'd call a new recipe, but I'm sick, can hardly breathe sick, and I was only cooking for Charlie and I so I thought packet mix would definatly do.


Chicken Chasseur

Ingredients:
8 Chicken Peices (1kg)
1 onion sliced
1 1/2 cups of mushrooms sliced.
2 tbsp tomato paste

Method:
Heat 1 tspn of oil in a pan brown onion chicken and mushrooms for 2 minutes.
Add recipe base, 1 cup of water and tomato paste, bring to the boil stirring.
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes until cooked.
Serve with potato's and steamed vegetables.



It was actually pretty tasty. I didn't have any onions which is weird for our house, but being a Saturday the supermarket was shut before I started cooking so we missed out.


I made it with chicken thighs but I think chicken on the bone would be great. I served it on mash with carrots and broccoli, Charlie and I liked it and there was enough left over for Michael's lunches for next week, gotta love that!

So tell me or show me what are you cooking this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You like it? you love it? you dig it? Leave me a comment! You have something nasty to say? Take it elsewhere.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails