Friday, December 9, 2011

Lolly Wreath Tutorial

I made these last year for Jack's teachers after a lovely lady gave me one, I knew I wanted to give it a go. 
So this year were at a different school and I knew I'd get away with doing it again, so I did. 
I'm not a crafty person, I don't sew or knit, I just don't have the patience to do it properly. I make small people and food but not much else, so this is my first ever tutorial, and really it's basic but I'm still sharing with you in case you haven't organised presents for those who look after your children/pets/clean your house. Whatever really. 

What you will need:
A wire coat hanger
Lollies with a wrapper
Scissors
Tinsel I cut my 4 meters of tinsel so you probably need 2-3 meters.
String (or rope, whatever you can find in the shops) 
About an hour of your time (or less if your not eating a fantale every time I tied one to the string) 


What you need to do:
Bend your coat hanger so it resembles a round shape, don't stress too much about it, it gets covered up.
Cut off a huge piece of string and starting at one end tie the lollies to it, wrap the string around your coat hanger so it resembles the picture below.


Then it's as simple as wrapping your tinsel around the coat hanger as well, try to avoid the lollies so you can see them sticking out. 


Ta-Da! And your done, the tinsel could have been less furry, would have made the lollies stick out a little more, but this is what I had. Jack's teacher was very happy with it and that's what matters in the end isn't it?


3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! What a cool idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this idea. is the chocolate still there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sensible and made it yesterday afternoon just before school pick up so gave it to her then, loads of fantales left in my fridge now though : )

    ReplyDelete

You like it? you love it? you dig it? Leave me a comment! You have something nasty to say? Take it elsewhere.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails