Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Food!

6502331007_afdb5b977a_z_large


This is the last Christmas were going to spend as a family of five, only three small people. Next year we'll have an almost one year old seems so bizarre considering he still isn't here yet. 
A few of Michael's mates from work couldn't get home to their families for Christmas as their roster basically only leaves Christmas day and boxing day to travel there and back again, so were having them instead of them staying in their rooms at work, I couldn't think of anything more depressing on Christmas day than being stuck in your tiny room with nothing to do and no where to go. So far I'm catering for 11 including us. Thank heavens were off to the beach for most of the day, lots of swimming, drinking (by the big boys, not so much by me!) and eating. After reading Beth's Christmas menu this morning I thought I might share ours as well. We live in the same country but you'd never know it, Beth is cooking hot food in the cold weather, I'm trying to figure out how to keep everything cold while we swelter in the sunshine. 

Breakfast
Were having a smallish breakfast of bacon and eggs on the BBQ and loads of fresh fruit, watermelon, strawberries, grapes, cherries and mango. Lots of mango. 

Snacks
Cheese, biscuits, dips, deli meat, nuts and rum balls, have to have loads of rum balls.

Lunch
Honey and mustard baked ham, cold prawns with a mango and chili sauce, prawn and avocado rolls, cold roast chicken, tomato and bocchini salad, roasted Mediterranean vegetable salad,  garlic potato salad. 

Dessert
Pavlova with lashings of  cream, passionfruit and strawberries, and a mars bar cheesecake. 


So if you don't see me around for the next few days I'll be in the kitchen, that's a lot of food to get ready when you look at it like that! 

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm delicious can I come over? I gave you an award if you check out my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! And SUMMERY! I miss summer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you, taking in the strays at Christmas. That's all kinds of wonderful. My sister's bf and cousin's hubby took a month of work in Mackay starting this week. Their roster sounds similar, no homecoming for them.

    The menu sounds delish. Enjoy! I can't wait to meet the new bubba in the new year. xox

    ReplyDelete

You like it? you love it? you dig it? Leave me a comment! You have something nasty to say? Take it elsewhere.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails