Friday, October 8, 2010

I'm freaking out!!

Image
I'm starting to think this may be a very good idea!
Today was Jack's first time on the school bus, I don't think I have been as stressed and nervous since his first day of school. I almost threw up when I woke up this morning.
Seriously its just a bus ride across town, you would think I was sending him to live with monkeys in the forest.
I never realised I was such a stresshead til I became a parent.
I think I would have been a good home schooling mum, I know I wouldn't have been as stressed as I am now. I have a 90% chance that James will be going to Kindy next year and I'm wondering if that's going to double my stress levels worrying about two kids in two different places. My brain understands that I can't keep them home with me forever but I'm unsure if my brain has explained this fact to my heart. Sending them out into the big wide scary world is really quite scary! 
Because I feel so guilty about sending him on the bus I told him last night he could have anything he wanted for dinner. He told me he'd like hotdogs and chocolate pudding then could we please watch Better Homes and Gardens. I could not have asked for a better first born.
Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to have a cry.

5 comments:

  1. Ohh your baby is growing up :( What a sweetie with his requests for tonight..hope it all goes well (I am sure it will though) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I know he'll be ok. I'll just stress anyway : )
    I know how cute is he? I haven't brainwashed him I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...what a lovely blog entry! I know how you feel...My eldest is 21 and my youngest is 10 and I've always hated sending them off to school. I homeschool my 15 yr old now as our local senior school isnt suitable, and I wish I had homeschooled my older boys too.
    Although saying that, I think it does depend on the child...My 10 yr is better off in school as she would not concentrate at home...I'd be pulling my hair out with frustration, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleased to announce he proclaimed the bus ride was awesome! So pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, that's such a sweet post. My Mom told me that she cried and cried when my brother and I had our first days in school.

    And nice what he wanted for supper - too cute!

    ReplyDelete

You like it? you love it? you dig it? Leave me a comment! You have something nasty to say? Take it elsewhere.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails