Thursday, March 25, 2010

Room With a View


Take a photo and/or share a photo of your favourite view. Is it from your bed, a holiday a local lookout? Why do you love it?

This is a view of Bega Valley.
This is where I was born, and although we only lived here til I was 18 months old, it was still the first place I thought of when I read this weeks challenge at Blog This.
Although I was born in Bega we actually lived on a property an hour out of Bega, I remember it so well even though I haven't been there in 17 years.

Of course I remember the moo cows we used to drive past, probably where my obsession for cows started,  and I know most of you know where Bega is because thats where good cheese comes from. More than that though I remeber the hippy village we lived in, the strawberry farm my parents had(yes my parents were and still are hippys) the gay couple on the corner who taught me how to make homemade custard, the post man who came in a bus, having dinner by lantern because no one had electricity or running water, it was after all a hippy village. 

My cousins Shannon and Holly, and my sister and I at Grandma's one easter. I am the very tragic looking one in the front.


I love this view because its a peice of my childhood, I wonder what my boys will remember of their childhood and if it will be make them smile like this does to me.


If you want to join in or vote for your favorite~ Blog This

5 comments:

  1. Wow!Gorgeous shot of the Bega valley :)
    Loved the family picture, simply precious!!

    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much.
    I love our 80's family photo's, especially when I'm all tucked in. What my mother was thinking is beyond me! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. I do adore the one of you and your family. sooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow bega hey?
    i grew up in the bega valley :)
    just looking round your blog!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous! Love to go back one day but I have a feeling it would totally ruin my memory of it. feel free to look around! xx

    ReplyDelete

You like it? you love it? you dig it? Leave me a comment! You have something nasty to say? Take it elsewhere.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails