Thursday, September 29, 2011

What a view!


When we moved into our new house a little over two months ago, next door was an empty block of land, my hope of it staying that way came crashing down pretty darn quick. 
This is the view from the laundry, boys bathroom and Jacks room, pretty isn't it? Jack's extra lucky he has the clothes line and the scaffolding to look at. Thankfully most of our house has windows on the other side of the house. 

So at 6.30am on the school holidays I don't really want to be awake, especially after I've had two kids with a nasty cough waking me up every night for a week or so, and trying to sleep with a set of feet in my back (thanks James) really didn't put me in a good mood. I'd really had enough of the banging and crashing and the crap radio blaring and I had a little spaz attack, (it might be because they aren't very good looking builders?) I even went out the front door with my PJ's on, coffee in hand and glared at them from the driveway, then I sent cranky emails, because it is what you do at 6.30am isn't it? I think I jinxed myself by saying I was having an easy pregnancy and wasn't suffering any crazy pregnant lady symptoms. This week I turned it up a level. 
So now I know, thanks to a few very polite emails being returned to me,  that legally builders are allowed to start banging and crashing at 6.30am. Aren't you glad you know that now? 
They better finish that house by the next school holidays. If I have to get up with my newborn during the night then get up at 6.30am with cranky kids I will be doing more than glaring at them in my PJ's. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You like it? you love it? you dig it? Leave me a comment! You have something nasty to say? Take it elsewhere.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails