Saturday, September 3, 2011

New Recipe Saturday

Jack's new school is nut-free so I've been baking and cooking like a crazy lady to keep him happy without sending him to school with peanut butter cups. 
So today we made a new muesli bar recipe. 


The dry Ingredients


The finished product 


Muesli Bar Slice

Ingredients
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of cornflakes
1 cup of rice bubbles
1 cup of coconut (I used shredded but you could use dessicated) 
3/4 of a cup of dried fruit (I used dried berries)
3/4 cup of brown sugar
125gms of butter
1/2 cup of honey

Method
Melt the butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan until it's golden brown then leave to cool a little, in the mean time mix together the dry ingredients. Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients and stir til everything is sticky. Press firmly into a lined baking pan, refrigerate until cold, I left ours for about 4 hours. Slice up and ta-da homemade muesli bars! 

The recipe I found also included 1/2 cup of peanut butter but I find it really sweet without it, I can't imagine how sweet and sticky it would be with it. 

So tell me what are you baking this week? 

1 comment:

  1. This stuff is fantastic, I highley recomend it.

    ReplyDelete

You like it? you love it? you dig it? Leave me a comment! You have something nasty to say? Take it elsewhere.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails