Friday, August 14, 2009

Home Alone

Yep that's right I'm home alone for the whole night.
No husband.
No children.
Nothing.
I have to admit I am not loving it.
Michael and the boys have been talking about going camping for a few weeks, and Michael and I talked about them just camping in the backyard 1 night, I wasn't allowed to stay the night it was 'boy time' something I think I'm going to have to get used to especially with another boy coming into the family, so camping in the backyard ended up Michael taking the boys to Blackdown Tablelands a beautiful national park about an hour away from us.
But this afternoon, after I waved goodbye to my beautiful husband and our lovely boys who are going for 1 night and will be home tomorrow morning (I have to keep reminding myself of this fact!) I started clearing out the nursery and cleaning our room and I got quite a bit done! Much more than I would have if the boys were home, I still got a bit teary, especially when I was talking to my mum and she said 'before you know it they'll be all grown up and married with babies of there own' didn't really help me!
So the nursery before was our junk room where we stuck the computer and all the still packed boxes when we first moved in, it would have been our study/guest room but after finding out 2 weeks after we moved here that we were pregnant that idea went out the window! So the room has stayed half packed full of junk waiting for it to become the nursery, today I moved our computer out of there in to our bedroom, which I really didn't want to do but its not looking as bad as I imagined and I have made a start on making the nursery look pretty, even though I have to wait til tomorrow when Michael gets home to get all the boxes out and move in the bookshelf and change table, but its a start!
Before

Now minus computer and with all baby stuff in one place

Charlies chest of draws which are holding all his little clothes at the moment, and a few donated teddies from the boys, the cutest little booties I have ever seen, yep there little cowboy boots, I can't wait to take a picture of him wearing them,and a picture of his big brothers to make them hopefully feel a bit more included in the baby process, I can't wait to show them tomorrow when they get home, they are like all little kids and love seeing pictures of themselves.

The one and only thing we have hanging on the wall so far, Charlie's first pair of shoes : )

I also got to put out our first non practical gift for Charlie this beautiful soft bear from my lovely cousin Megan.

I have finally got a portable bed for Charlie to have in our room and to take away after he's born. We have Michael's 10 year school reunion in Longreach at the end of September, I'm going home for 2 weeks in November and were probably going to Michael's Mum and Dads for Christmas, after that he'll probably be too big for it, but I think its going to get its use, and for $31 I cant complain, love eBay shopping!

I love the fact it has a little light at the top.

And it folds away pretty well, I think it will take up a lot of room in my bag when we fly home, but hey there will be me and 3 kids I think were going to have a whole heap of bags anyway!

Our room with the vacuum cleaner and computer, not exactly romantic but its clean and practical for now, looks like were probably moving into a company owned house in November anyway so I'm not planning on doing too much.

Not bad for an afternoon's work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You like it? you love it? you dig it? Leave me a comment! You have something nasty to say? Take it elsewhere.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails