Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A letter



Dear Trick or Treaters,


                 Although I had no plans to complain about Halloween, I also had no plans to do anything for my kids, its not our holiday as far as I'm concerned and I don't need to give my kids any more reasons for  nightmares. When you arrive at a house with no outside lights on, and no Halloween decorations and are told no we don't have any treats, I don't think the correct response is to moan and complain. You just got a pregnant lady to stand up 8 times to answer the door, you should probably be a little more polite about it, so in honor of all of you who were so rude to me last night next year I am making a sign 'If you knock on my door I will throw hard things at you' Is that a good enough treat? 

Yours Sincerely 
                   Kate, non Halloween participant 

2 comments:

  1. It's hard, isn't it? I think parents should prepare their kids for it more, by saying that it's a new holiday and not everyone will have treats for them to share.

    The trick or treaters who came to our house were like 'Seriously? You've got nothing?'. Ummm...no. Treats don't last long in my house. I eat them!

    I would have put up a massive 'I'm pregnant, go away' sign after the second lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh thats annoying. The ones at our door that moaned were teenagers, they really should have known better. The small kids were ok. I so stealing your idea for next year : )

    ReplyDelete

You like it? you love it? you dig it? Leave me a comment! You have something nasty to say? Take it elsewhere.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails