Friday, June 1, 2012

Sssh don't tell my husband



I love this guy. 
I love him lots. 
Even if he does put wine in the sodastream so he can get busy with the boozy fizzy. I'm very sorry Sodastream. 

For most of our relationship he has been working away and were used to it. At the moment he works away for five days and is home for five days. It takes a few days to get used to him being gone, and then it takes a few days to get used to him being around again. When he's gone I miss him like crazy and count down the sleeps til he is home. By his last day at home I'm sick of the chaos and mess and I'm ready to send him back to work. 
When he is at work our life runs much smoother and the house is much cleaner. How is that possible with double the adults in the house is still beyond me.  
When he is at work I am the only adult and what I say goes. I decide what were doing, where we are going, what time were going. I decide what were having for dinner. What were watching on TV. Everything. 

When Michael gets home everything seems to turn into a tornado and for most parts I quite like it, we go out to eat or he takes us or a drive, he is more spontaneous and makes me smile most of the day, and it's great until he goes back to work and I have to spend the next day cleaning up after cyclone hubby whilst muttering obscenities under my breath* Then after I've got the last boy to bed I get to sit in front of some trashy TV with some chocolate and my laptop and it's quiet. Oh so quiet. 
I really do love him, but its nice to get rid of him.

Now to figure out what I'm going to do when we retire. Apart from kill him, obviously. 


*Not so much under my breath, maybe more huffing and puffing and yelling. I don't know where my kids get it from. 

8 comments:

  1. I loved it when my hubby travelled, but he hasn't done that for years. Maybe in retirement your hubby can take up camping or fishing trips away? Frequently?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thinking! He is quite fond of his boat and camping so maybe one a week I'll have to pack him up and send him off : )

      Delete
  2. Seriously Kate, did he just put straight wine in the soda stream? Did it explode?! Its the tiniest bit like that when Andrew is home sick - can't imagine the pendulum swings you have with his kind of work! Glad he makes you smile most of the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope didn't explode I told him to take it easy, it took at least 15 minutes to get the bottle off the machine though! He said it was good, funny guy. : )

      Delete
    2. Will give it a go then one day :)

      Delete
  3. Haha. I cannot WAIT to meet Michael. Make sure we are there when he is. I think he's my kinda dude. Definitely is Kel's type. The SodaStream thing is my favourite!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I've heard (read?) about Kel I think they will get on very well : ) Now you have to visit, sooner rather than later ok?

      Delete
  4. You know my thoughts!! Move out to freaking nebo. I bet you will love it ;)

    ReplyDelete

You like it? you love it? you dig it? Leave me a comment! You have something nasty to say? Take it elsewhere.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails