Saturday, May 14, 2011

New Recipe Saturday


This is my new recipe for the week, I made this for Michael's lunches and by the sounds of it he liked it. It was meant to be quiche, but I had too much ingredients and my dish was too small so its more of a spinach pie. Oh well.

Ingredients:
A 250gm packet of frozen spinach.
4 rashers of bacon (rind removed.)
3 shallots
3 eggs
1tbsp cream
1 sheet of shortcrust pastry
salt and pepper

Method:
Fry the bacon, shallots and spinach until the bacon has some colour, set aside to cool. Whisk egg and cream together and add to the cooled mix with a generous helping of salt and pepper. If you have a bigger pie dish than I do maybe use a few more eggs. Line a pie dish with the pastry (I had no shortcrust so used puff instead, it still works) I'd suggest using baking paper as well so it will come out easily. Add mix to pie dish cook at 180 for around 45 minutes or until the middle is set and no longer wobbly (very technical cooking term). Serve with your favorite sauce.

If you'd like to see how to write a proper recipe and some nice pictures of food head over to see Rhi.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You like it? you love it? you dig it? Leave me a comment! You have something nasty to say? Take it elsewhere.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails