Tuesday, February 15, 2011

V Day

Being the wife of a miner means we often celebrate special occasions before or after the actual date. Jacks first birthday, Christmas, anniversary's, valentines day you get the picture. This year is no different with Michael working and not getting home til 7pm we decided we'd put valentines day off til Wednesday when he'll be home.
That's all well and good, but I think we'll celebrate today anyway. Why not?!

This isn't a new recipe so I wont add it to new recipe Saturday (which will start this week, stay tuned!) but I'll share with you and the lovely Rhi from hummingbirds song.

Wrapped Chicken with honey mustard sauce.

2 chicken breasts
small quarter wheel of Camembert
2 middle rashers of bacon
2tbsps honey
2 tbsps wholegrain mustard
1 1/2 cup cream

Pan fry chicken breasts til golden, but not cooked through. Slit the chicken breast to make a pocket, fill pocket with slices of Camembert,wrap with middle rashers of bacon, secure with skewer if needed (don't forget its there when you've cooked it!) Bake in oven for 25 mins at 180 or until chicken is cooked. While chicken is cooking add cream mustard and honey to a pan until cream reduces. Pour cream sauce over chicken serve with roast potato's and steamed greens. Delicious!

Browned Chicken boob


Stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon.


Finished product, mmmm...

10 comments:

  1. Valentine's day was on the 14th. Not only miners work on mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, that looks amazing! I'll definitely be trying this recipe next week! Thanks so much for playing along xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rhi its a very dodgy recipe as its been in my head for a few years, I suggest taste testing the sauce to get it perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo. Good job. I might need to invite myself to your place next Valentines Day. Better than cooking for myself by like a million.

    Hey, Mr/Mrs/Miss Anon. Derr, that soooooo wasn't the point. Get with the program. :oP

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you could ever do wrong when cheese and bacon are in your recipe. Looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa~ Your more than welcome to come for dinner, but I'm warning you Michael and I didn't get as big as we are eating carrot sticks and celery : )
    Cinda~I so agree, cheese and bacon definatly a winner xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! Well maybe not then, I'm such a tiny, bird like eater... Baahaha. NOT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only miners work on special occasions. Every human celebrates on different days to the day being celebrated. No need to make a big fuss about being a big miners wife....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous, what is the issue exactly? Kate is a miner's wife. He worked on Valentine's Day. They celebrated on Wednesday. She wasn't complaining about it! I don't understand your aggression? You're not making much sense! Let's play nicely, OK?

    ReplyDelete

You like it? you love it? you dig it? Leave me a comment! You have something nasty to say? Take it elsewhere.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails